Fiberlite Pergola Specifications
FiberLite™ Pergolas and Arbors
Architectural Guide Specifications
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
- Melton Classics FiberLite™ Fiberglass Pergola/Arbor Assembly (Includes DuraClassic™ architectural columns, FiberLite™ Rafters, Purlins and Complete Installation Hardware.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
- Section 06200 – Finish Carpentry.
- Section 09900 – Painting.
- Submit under provisions of Section 01300.
- Product Data: Manufacturer’s data sheets on each product to be used, including:
- Preparation instructions and recommendations.
- Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
- Installation methods.
- Verification Samples: For each finish product specified, two samples, minimum size 6 inches (150 mm) square, representing actual product, color, and patterns.
1.4 QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Mock-Up: Provide a mock-up for evaluation of surface preparation techniques and application workmanship.
- Finish areas designated by Architect.
- Do not proceed with remaining work until workmanship, color, and sheen are approved by Architect.
- Refinish mock-up area as required to produce acceptable work.
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
- Store and dispose of solvent-based materials, and materials used with solvent-based materials, in accordance with requirements of local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Columns and Pergola/Arbor components shall be stored in the manufacturer’s crates until ready for use. If necessary to remove from crates, store in crated position with duplicate supports as originally crated.
1.6 PROJECT CONDITIONS
- Maintain environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, and ventilation) within limits recommended by manufacturer for optimum results. Do not install products under environmental conditions outside manufacturer’s limits.
- FiberLite™ Pergola and Arbor Components: Manufacturer shall warrant that FiberLite™ Fiberglass Pergola/Arbor components and architectural columns shall be free of manufacturing defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the structure to which they are attached. Manufacturer shall warrant that FiberLite™ Fiberglass Pergola/Arbor components shall be waterproof and impervious to insect and fungal attack.
- Acceptable Manufacturer: ?��Ǩ��
- Substitutions: Not permitted.
- Requests for substitutions will be considered in accordance with provisions of Section 01600.
- DuraClassic Poly/Marble Columns:
- Column Style: Specify round or square column shaft design.
- Column Shaft Design: Specify plain or fluted shaft.
- Cap and Base: Specify design.
- Column Size: 8 inch column width.
- Column Size: 10 inch column width.
- Column Overall Height: Refer to Drawings.
- Accessories: Uplift loads resistance achieved with a concealed connection using Epoxy-Tie anchoring system provided by manufacturer.
- FiberLite™ Purlins and Rafters – Pultruded fiberglass.
- DuraClassic Architectural Column Shafts – Fiberglass reinforced Poly/Marble composite.
- DuraClassic Architectural Column Capitals and Bases – High density polyurethane.
- FiberLite™ Installation Hardware – Stainless steel.
- Columns, Rafters and Purlins are shipped painted white or custom color (For Custom Color Specify Sherwin Williams acrylic latex paint color code).
- Do not begin installation until substrates have been properly prepared.
- Concrete foundation for pergola/Arbor should be minimum 5″ thick and column footings should be minimum of 2′ x 2′ x 2′.
- If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify Architect of unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
- Clean surfaces thoroughly prior to installation.
- Prepare surfaces using the methods recommended by the manufacturer for achieving the best result for the substrate under the project conditions.
- Install in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Protect installed products until completion of project.
- Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before substantial completion.